Saturday, June 22, 2013

Welcome Home!

Welcome to 2nd Generation Design! 

I, Erin, along with my mom, Katie, will be updating this blog with our furniture, craft, and sewing designs.

I've spent my life watching my parents create wonderful things with their hands. My father is a very talented craftsman, from custom cabinets and furniture to hand-made guitars. My mom, Katie has always liked to craft and sew. (She can sew amazing things!) She, too, watched her mom refinish furniture when money was tight. And now it's a passion.

I've begun to follow in their footsteps. First it was my mother's old dresser, which I painted turquoise and antiqued for my daughter. Then I began creating Pottery Barn knock-offs as decor for my home. And it's cascaded from there.


We learned about Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint a few years ago and we started refinishing more furniture. It's been fun and a growing passion for the both of us.

We hope you'll enjoy this blog as we share our designs and some of my father's amazing guitars!

~Erin and Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment